- Saturday 1/7/17: Deadline for GHHS nominations
- Monday 1/9/17 - 1/27/17: Review nominations from Class of 2018
- Monday 1/30/17: Email sent to Nominees inviting them to submit a package for consideration
- Monday 2/27/17: Nomination Packets Due, sent to Review Committee Members
- Weekend of 3/3/17: Selection Meeting
- Monday 3/6/17: Selection Notifications Sent
- 3/TBD/17: Induction Dinner
Class of 2018,
We are asking for your participation in nominating your classmates, residents, and faculty for induction into the USU chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society. The GHHS was established by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation in 2002 to recognize individuals who are exemplars of humanistic patient care and who are prepared to serve as role models, mentors, and leaders in medicine. The USU chapter was established in 2015.
Currently, there are 129 medical school chapters and over 25,000 GHHS members. Membership goes well beyond selection and induction into an honor society - it includes a responsibility to model, support, and advocate for compassionate, patient-centered care throughout one's career.
At all medical schools, GHHS membership starts with nominations. To that end, we are writing to ask each student in the Class of 2018 to complete this electronic nomination form. Nominations up to will be accepted until COB on Saturday, 07 JAN 2017.
At the end of the process, nominees will be asked to submit an application for USU-GHHS membership. A maximum of 15% of the students in a given class, 6 residents, and 4 faculty can be selected for induction. In advance, thank you for your time and attention.
GHHS Members at USUHS
1000 Setup (should last about an hour)
1300 Handout Fliers (prior to the ceremony)
VIP escorts (2-3 students)
For more information or to sign up contact Project Managers: Ashly Pezel and Savannah Woodward. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com